The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

discover dogs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nickyboy

nickyboy

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:26 am

Did anyone go Discover dogs - I went yesterday - maybe I went a little later in the day than usual - but it was far too busy for my liking - think they need to include another day as obviously as popular as ever...

anyone else attend?
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:47 am

No I didn't go, was it good beside the number of people.
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nickyboy

nickyboy

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:57 am

hmmm - yes and no

the people exhibiting seemed a lot more approachable than in the past - despite how busy it was - so that was a positive - and the live shows seemed to be very popular - but I was a little dissapointed with some of the dogs themselves if that makes sense? - in all the past years I seemed to love each and every one of the breeds - but there were only a handful that really caught my attention this time round .... and some of the merchandise stalls were hit n miss and some utterly irrelevant - but all in all it is still a great day out and ill be going back for more next year - allbeit when the doors open not slap bang in the middle of the day...
couple of nice dobes there you would have liked
Back to top Go down
Losos

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:57 am

It's such a shame isn't it when the crowds are just overpowering. Amazingly I have met some people who seem to like it Rolling Eyes We only once went to the ideal home exhibition, it was a disaster Laughing There was a 5 bedroom house with a jaquizi and a swimming pool there, we walked past it 'cos I knew that I could never buy that (This was before the lottery BTW) Anyway, you should have seen the people queing to get in to that house Rolling Eyes I know it sounds elitist but honestly some of them would be struggling to buy a derelict caravan in the outer Hebrides Laughing
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:01 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nickyboy

nickyboy

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:40 am

Losos wrote:
It's such a shame isn't it when the crowds are just overpowering. Amazingly I have met some people who seem to like it Rolling Eyes We only once went to the ideal home exhibition, it was a disaster Laughing There was a 5 bedroom house with a jaquizi and a swimming pool there, we walked past it 'cos I knew that I could never buy that (This was before the lottery BTW) Anyway, you should have seen the people queing to get in to that house Rolling Eyes I know it sounds elitist but honestly some of them would be struggling to buy a derelict caravan in the outer Hebrides Laughing

dont be fooled by appearances

i have a scruffy friend who looks like he should ne selling the big issue and who got ejected from a sunseeker yacht at the boat exhibition in earls court or wherever it was a few years back. The bloke was quite abrupt with him saying it was a serious boat for serious buyers blah blah blah ...he lost out on a BIG sale - my friend is a hedge fund manager who was looking for a boat to moor up on one of his holiday homes on the med - dont be fooled by the scruff bags of this world!
Back to top Go down
Losos

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:13 am

nickyboy wrote:
dont be fooled by appearances

Quite right, iI I dug deep enough I think I could quote some similar stories too, but my memory from that Earls Court 'Ideal Home' thing was of many shall we say 'large' mammas, with five or more kids in tow, speaking pidgeon English and struggling to find the one quid to enter the house Question

That doesn't describe your average hedge fund manger does it Question Or does it Question I must admit I'm not well aquinted with hedge fund managers Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:35 am

hhaha no fair enough - the big mamma look aint that common in the hedge fund world ......
they come in all shapes and sizes and without generalising most are twats but with the odd exception Smile
Back to top Go down
Losos

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 pm

nickyboy wrote:
hhaha no fair enough - the big mamma look aint that common in the hedge fund world ......
they come in all shapes and sizes and without generalising most are twats but with the odd exception Smile

Oh Nickyboy we clearly think alike Laughing but as you say there's always exceptions to every rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

discover dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: discover dogs   discover dogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

discover dogs
Page 1 of 1