The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rottweiler Breed Standard

Go down 
+2
nero
colin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
colin
Admin
colin

Rottweiler Breed Standard Empty
PostSubject: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:44 pm

General Appearance
Above average size, stalwart dog. Correctly proportioned, compact and powerful form, permitting great strength, manoeuvrability and endurance.

Characteristics
Appearance displays boldness and courage. Self-assured and fearless. Calm gaze should indicate good humour.

Temperament
Good natured, not nervous, aggressive or vicious; courageous, biddable, with natural guarding instincts.

Head and Skull
Head medium length, skull broad between ears. Forehead moderately arched as seen from side. Occipital bone well developed but not conspicuous. Cheeks well boned and muscled but not prominent. Skin on head not loose, although it may form a moderate wrinkle when attentive. Muzzle fairly deep with topline level, and length of muzzle in relation to distance from well defined stop to occiput to be as 2 to 3. Nose well developed with proportionately large nostrils, always black.

Eyes
Medium size, almond-shaped, dark brown in colour, light eye undesirable, eyelids close fitting.

Ears
Pendant, small in proportion rather than large, set high and wide apart, lying flat and close to cheek.

Mouth
Teeth strong, complete dentition with scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Flews black and firm, falling gradually away towards corners of mouth, which do not protrude excessively.

Neck
Of fair length, strong, round and very muscular. Slightly arched, free from throatiness.

Forequarters
Shoulders well laid back, long and sloping, elbows well let down, but not loose. Legs straight, muscular, with plenty of bone and substance. Pasterns sloping slightly forward.

Body
Chest roomy, broad and deep with well sprung ribs. Depth of brisket will not be more, and not much less than 50 per cent of shoulder height. Back straight, strong and not too long, ratio of shoulder height to length of body should be as 9 is to 10, loins short, strong and deep, flanks not tucked up. Croup of proportionate length, and broad, very slightly sloping.

Hindquarters
Upper thigh not too short, broad and strongly muscled. Lower thigh well muscled at top, strong and sinewy below. Stifles fairly well bent. Hocks well angulated without exaggeration, metatarsals not completely vertical. Strength and soundness of hock highly desirable.

Feet
Strong, round and compact with toes well arched. Hindfeet somewhat longer than front. Pads very hard, toenails short, dark and strong. Rear dewclaws removed.

Tail
Previously customarily docked.
Docked: Docked at first joint. Strong and not set too low. Normally carried horizontally but slightly above horizontal when dog is alert.
Undocked: Strong and not set too low. Normally carried horizontally but slightly above horizontal when dog is alert. May hang when dog is at rest.

Gait/Movement
Conveys an impression of supple strength, endurance and purpose. While back remains firm and stable there is a powerful hindthrust and good stride. First and foremost, movement should be harmonious, positive and unrestricted.

Coat
Consists of top coat and undercoat. Top coat is of medium length, coarse and flat. Undercoat, essential on the neck and thighs, should not show through top coat. Hair may also be a little longer on the back of the forelegs and breechings. Long or excessively wavy coat highly undesirable.

Colour
Black with clearly defined markings as follows: a spot over each eye, on cheeks, as a strip around each side of muzzle, but not on bridge of nose, on throat, two clear triangles on either side of the breast bone, on forelegs from carpus downward to toes, on inside of rear legs from hock to toes, but not completely eliminating black from back of legs, under tail. Colour of markings from rich tan to mahogany and should not exceed 10 per cent of body colour. White marking is highly undesirable. Black pencil markings on toes are desirable. Undercoat is grey, fawn, or black.

Size
Dogs height at shoulder: between 63-69 cms (25-27 ins); bitches between 58-64 cms (23-25 ins). Height should always be considered in relation to general appearance.

Faults
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.

Note
Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:18 am

Great write-up Colin Very Happy I considered doing it last night but I thought you would do one so I waited and it's paid off. Laughing Laughing

This is Nero, A nice specimen of the breed, note his profile he's almost square like the breed standard says, body should be 9/10 IE: length to height.

Rottweiler Breed Standard Nero08a

This is Caesar, another lovely boy.

Rottweiler Breed Standard Caesar007a-1

Nero again, a slightly different stance but his profile is the same.
Rottweiler Breed Standard IMG_1069a-1

Last edited by nero on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:18 am

Lazy sod, lol! and they are all brilliant examples of the breed.

You should be very proud of them.
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: kaos   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:27 am

Rottweiler Breed Standard Farm112ny5wn0
Rottweiler Breed Standard W320

Rottweiler Breed Standard Fieldmmn121nt6ik0
Rottweiler Breed Standard W320
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:01 am

nero wrote:
Great write-up Colin Very Happy I considered doing it last night but I thought you would do one so I waited and it's paid off. Laughing Laughing

This is Nero, A nice specimen of the breed, note his profile he's almost square like the breed standard says, body should be 9/10 IE: length to height.

Rottweiler Breed Standard Nero08a

This is Caesar, another lovely boy.

Rottweiler Breed Standard Caesar007a-1

Nero again, a slightly different stance but his profile is the same.
Rottweiler Breed Standard IMG_1069a-1

Ooops, I just noticed I've posted two pics of Nero, so here's the Caesar boy edited in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:57 am

nero you have double posted
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:08 am

Denis have you got old timers disease this morning. Very Happy

What ones do you want to keep, and I will delete the rest for you.
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:59 am

they are lovely - so handsome
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:15 pm

They are all stunning

You just gotta love them I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
boobah

boobah

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:46 pm

cracking specimens but Kaos is defo the dog for me shona I'm gonna steal him yet lol,xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rottweiler Breed Standard   Rottweiler Breed Standard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rottweiler Breed Standard
Page 1 of 1