The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Losos

Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ? Empty
PostSubject: Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?   Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever had a motor home, I'm considering getting one and no it will not be a Winnebago Laughing

At present I fly two or sometimes three times a year to UK, I stay with my brother for 3 or 4 nights but I don't like to take his hospitality for granted so if I need to stay longer I book a B&B near the airport (Usually Nottingham)

There seems to be a huge range of motorhomes now based on Peugeot, Mercedes, Volkswagon and Fiat chassis and it just seemed that it would give me a lot more flexibility and we could use it for holidays too and take the furries with us.

Any positive or negative thoughts would be most welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

PostSubject: Re: Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?   Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't know if it is a good idea or not, but I would LOVE one.

Me and friend hired one in the states a few years back, what a fantastic holiday. I keep telling my dad that should be his retirement project, a transit van, some MDF and a good plan tio make a motorhome which of course I would use!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Losos

PostSubject: Re: Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?   Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Lynne wrote:

Me and friend hired one in the states a few years back, what a fantastic holiday. I keep telling my dad that should be his retirement project, a transit van, some MDF and a good plan tio make a motorhome which of course I would use!!! LOL

Perhaps (If I get one) I could hire it out to you Smile
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?   Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 pm

There's quite a few to choose from Harvey, they've even got showers in some of the big ones, we see a lot of American ones touring the Highlands in the summer time, they're huge and have all the comforts of home in the Yankee ones.

Many years ago we saw a single decker bus converted into a motor home, the lads who owned it even had a bar fitted in the rear of the bus. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

PostSubject: Re: Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?   Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:26 am

Losos wrote:
Lynne wrote:

Perhaps (If I get one) I could hire it out to you Smile

Now that sounds like an EXCELLENT idea!, the one we hired in America was quite small, but it did have a shower and it was a great idea for travelling around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?   Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is a 'Motorhome' a good idea ?
Page 1 of 1