The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?

Go down 
+3
boobah
kaos
nickyboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nickyboy

nickyboy

Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Empty
PostSubject: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:36 am

i was watching dog whisperer last night while pretending to work out - how do you guys stand on him?
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:19 pm

nickyboy wrote:
i was watching dog whisperer last night while pretending to work out - how do you guys stand on him?

maybe just a tad...why what do you wana talk about.... his methods are fine by me... mostly. im not in to prong collars though
Back to top Go down
boobah

boobah

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:03 pm

I have watched and he's not for me,all a bit fishy for me,xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:45 pm

That's what I'd like to do Nicky, stand on him. Wink
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:49 pm

nero wrote:
That's what I'd like to do Nicky, stand on him. Wink

and what training methods do you use nero?..........................................................sniffs... folds arms and awaits answer with baited breath
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:50 pm

He alright sometimes, but the program makes it sound so simple that I'm sure some people have tried to copy him and have ended up getting bitten.because of it.
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:53 pm

serves them right for being daft........ I take on aggressive dogs... the first thing you need is speed.. and no fear.. not many people have that.

Its not all about strength.. boobah can second that. shes seen me pin some big dogs, but you have to be quicker than the dogs reaction speed... and thats fast
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:57 pm

That's what I was trying to say, but in his programs he doesn't make IMP anything clear enough for the viewers, but the editing makes people believe that he had retrained those dogs within a hour or so, whereas we all know that is not true.
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:59 pm

I can stop a dog being aggressive to me or another dog in an hour... but its not a life long change.. the moment I walk away.. its all back to the same old with the owners so yes I agree with you there, for the dog to be cured... it takes a lot longer and a lot of work on the owners part.... my part of proving it can be done is easy, thus im not the one doing the hard work the owners are.. but I think CM.. kinda trys to take all the credit.. sad really
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Well you know how long it took me to cure Onyx of his golf club problem, but CM would say that he had cured him just like that.
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:06 pm

I think you did really well with the golf club thing... but like you say.. there is camera cure... and true cure.. the latter takes a bit longer
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:40 am

what made me think of putting it on was what Colin had said about where to have the dogs walking next to you - i actually find him entertaining for taking it at what it is tv entertainment.
I also think that if you look through the editing - he a) does have success with dogs and b) his original motivations were for the good...
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:53 am

No ones disputing his motives, but as I have said above I think he gives people the wrong impression on how long it takes to fully retrain a dog.

As Shona has also said it's not that hard if you know what your doing to get a dog to behave for a short time while your hovering over it, but the following day is a totally different matter, and for those people that are not very knowledgeable about dogs, this could be very dangerous depending on what the problem is of course.
Back to top Go down
chris_collins

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:15 pm

I like him, he's very charismatic and obviously has a good way with dogs. I struggle sometimes when people who come to me with problems and say 'oh yea, I watch every episode' but still blatantly dont get it.

Oh well, it keeps me in money I guess!
Back to top Go down
http://www.confusedcanines.co.cc
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 am

colin wrote:
That's what I was trying to say, but in his programs he doesn't make IMP anything clear enough for the viewers, but the editing makes people believe that he had retrained those dogs within a hour or so, whereas we all know that is not true.

I see a lot of stuff that others may or may not notice,

I dont watch him that often, but recently I watched one and said to dougie, hes had that dog pinned off camera, dougie said how do you know, I was like...........erm look at the slobber all over his shoes, My bet is hes had his foot on the lead to keep the dog down...light coloured suede shoes are a dead give away..... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Losos

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:12 am

Well this should get some people talking Laughing

I don't like the use of prong collars either and I think even Kaos is on record as saying his methods give the impression it's all so easy.

The fact is that to train a dog properly must take many hours of patient and consistent teaching, not unlike trainning kids IMO Laughing

I've only watched a few of his programmes and I must say I have an uneasy feeling when watching, so far as the production company are concerned they want viewers more than anything and ergo they want CM to have some quick results so viewers will be impressed and continue to watch, I'm sorry but I don't see life like that and anyway (as some of you may know) I have deep rooted and pyschotic aversion to anyone in the media Rolling Eyes Laughing Embarassed Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?   Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it too early to get a Cesar Milan discussion going?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The dog community forum. :: General Dog Chat-
Jump to: