The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My two nutty rotties.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
colin
Admin
colin

My two nutty rotties. Empty
PostSubject: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 am

Syke doing her David Bellamy impersonation.
My two nutty rotties. SG203155-1

What you looking at?
My two nutty rotties. SG203181-1

Did you say you had a hobnob for me?
My two nutty rotties. SG203182-1

Michelle and Skye.
My two nutty rotties. SG203185-1

I'm getting bigger than you now!
My two nutty rotties. SG203198-1

And I told you I had a longer tongue than you.
My two nutty rotties. SG203200-1
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:12 pm

awe nice to see your two lovely rotts.. would you say.. you have caught the rottie bug now?
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Defiantly.
Back to top Go down
boobah

boobah

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Awwwwwww lovely pics Colin your soooooo lucky having all these gorgeous pups,xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Skye thanks you very much for that compliment as she is 8 years old.
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:18 pm

colin wrote:
Defiantly.

so are you saying....you may add more rotties at a later date??? I have to say, I cant imagine being without my rotties.. I LOVE THEM WARTS AND ALL
Back to top Go down
boobah

boobah

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Have to admit I have had experience with both Dobes and Rotts.Love both but feel Rotts are more for me,they seem much more calm cool and collected compared to Dobes.Do you find that too Colin,xxxxx
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:30 pm

kaos wrote:
so are you saying....you may add more rotties at a later date??? I have to say, I cant imagine being without my rotties.. I LOVE THEM WARTS AND ALL

I would add another Rottie to the collection tomorrow, but as I really like my anatomy the way it is, I'm not given Michelle any excuse to try and change it by getting another one.

boobah wrote:
Have to admit I have had experience with both Dobes and Rotts.Love both but feel Rotts are more for me,they seem much more calm cool and collected compared to Dobes.Do you find that too Colin,xxxxx

For as much as I love Rotties, I really have to say that I'm defiantly a dobe man. The biggest difference between the two breeds is that the dobes are always able and willing to go for a long run, whereas the rotties can be pretty lazy and stubborn when they want to be (especially Skye), and I have found that the training takes a bit longer with the rotties.

Don't gets me wrong, because if I had enough land then I would open up a dobe and rottie rescue centre as I love both breeds. But for me its dobes first followed very closely by the rotties.
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Great pics Colin, having had both breeds I have to disagree with you, I prefer the Rotties. Wink
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:04 pm

That wouldn't be because your getting on a bit now, and need all the rest you can get? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:51 am

nero wrote:
Great pics Colin, having had both breeds I have to disagree with you, I prefer the Rotties. Wink

to be fair your rotties are not that lazy though, they even walk in the rain,
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:10 am

That's true, but I think that's only because they are frightened of missing out on sometime.

I have to tell you that half the time you would think that I was running a kindergarten, and they are all trying to be the teacher’s pets, because from the very moment I come downstairs at 6am till when I go to bed, I’m surrounding by the dogs all vying to get just that little bit closer to me.

As I type this out I have got Onyx under my computer desk, Jess and Jet under my paperwork desk, Ruby, Max and Rocky laying in the middle of the floor and Skye is laying across the threshold of the French doors with her bum in the garden and her head in my office just looking at my every move. Believe me I can’t even fart in this house without the dogs knowing all about it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

That all said I never get any noise from them, and when I’ve got guess around or when I need some space I just send them all into the living or tell them to go and pester Michelle while she’s doing the ironing.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:41 am

with two young kids running around and hopefully another addition in the near future - im limited to the amount of dogs i can have filling the place - as like you Colin - i like to have the dogs around me at all times and already with my 18mth old chargin around and a hyperactive 7 year old - we have enough dog - child collisions. But when the kids are bigger and I have a little more time on my hands im gonna get a couple more big dogs around me - and both breeds are right up there as prime candidates ( my missus is a big dobe fan which will make it easier ) - as the image youve evoked with all these big handsome dogs laying aroudn you attentive to your every move sounds right up my street.
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:42 am

ps - youre two rotties are lovely colin
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:13 am

nickyboy wrote:
with two young kids running around and hopefully another addition in the near future - im limited to the amount of dogs i can have filling the place - as like you Colin - i like to have the dogs around me at all times and already with my 18mth old chargin around and a hyperactive 7 year old - we have enough dog - child collisions. But when the kids are bigger and I have a little more time on my hands im gonna get a couple more big dogs around me - and both breeds are right up there as prime candidates ( my missus is a big dobe fan which will make it easier ) - as the image youve evoked with all these big handsome dogs laying aroudn you attentive to your every move sounds right up my street.

Believe me Nicky when I say that it can get right on your nerves, especially when they sit down in the doorway while your carrying something.

Last edited by colin on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:28 am

colin wrote:
nickyboy wrote:

Believe me Nicky when I say that it can get right on your nerves, especially when they sit down in he doorway while your carrying something.

haha i know that experience with only three of varying sizes - ive stacked it once or twice - so i can imagine youve gone for a burton on more than one occasion- and they have perfected the trick of silently creeping up and laying down behind the missus when shes in the kitchen - shes nearly gone arse over tit on a few oiccasions as well !! - took me a lot of biscuits to teach them to do that!!

the other thing that has just come to mind is that though shes getting a little better, Lola can get over excited when i come in late from work in the evening and once or twice has jumped up and left me sounding like Barry Gibb - i imagine i'd have more of that to look forward to as well
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:10 am

One of the reasons she jumps up when you come home late from work is because she is used to your routine of coming in at a certain time, and bearing in mind that she is still very young, she is just overjoyed that you had decided to come back home again.

One thing you could try to do to stop this behaviour is to tell Lola to sit as soon as you open the front door, and then just walk straight past her until you are ready to greet her along with the others, (just after your wife and kids).

Something she has got to learn is her place within the household. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with her coming up to the door to see who has come in, but she has got to stop all this jumping behaviour, because one day you could be carrying something either heavy or delicate and you could drop it on her.
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:20 am

so how many more will you be adding in the near future
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:54 am

who knows - long way off for now - getting the human pups sorted out first - but it will be as much dependent on my situation - if i got time then 2 or 3 more in years to come - but im stretched to give my lot the attention they deserve and cant spread myself any thinner - Paddy the staff is happy to be the families companion and Coco does her own thing -but Lola is intelligent and more than enough for now as even though she has the run of the house and my daughter makes a fuss of her - shes very much still a one man dog and so i wouldnt share my the scarce time i had for the foreseeable future anyway.
This is me thinking down the line ( when Im as old as Colin Laughing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:21 am

Quote :
when Im as old as Colin

thats a long way off...snigger snigger
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:36 am

Does that mean that you gettting another fours dogs in a years time then?
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:58 am

colin wrote:
Does that mean that you gettting another fours dogs in a years time then?

ha Very Happy

i wish

dont be fooled by appearances - ive had a hard life
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:57 am

lol it shows.. only kidding
Back to top Go down
boobah

boobah

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:23 pm

kaos wrote:

yer such a cheeky mare lol. Wheres the,,,,,,,,,,,runs,,,,,,,hides lmao,xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:24 am

kaos wrote:

ill reserve my judgement on how old father time has treated ya when the much anticipated photos ever appear!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My two nutty rotties.   My two nutty rotties. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My two nutty rotties.
Page 1 of 1