The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crufts 2009

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chris_collins

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:26 pm

I know all about the in-breeding and all the rest of the crap that goes on, but is anyone going for the trade stands?

I'm trying to get time off to go for all 4 days as both RGT and CIDBT will be there and fancy hooking up with my mate Nick Jones of Alpha Dogs.

Anyone else going?
Back to top Go down
http://www.confusedcanines.co.cc
colin
Admin
colin

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:16 pm

I went last year to see the working dogs, and I've got to say that I will never go again.
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nero

nero

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:01 pm

Sod em, sod em all, I hate the kennel club and all they stand for, SOD EM. tongue
Back to top Go down
chris_collins

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:50 pm

ok I'll keep shtum
Back to top Go down
Losos

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:09 am

Hi Chris,

I won't be back in England until early April so I can't go.

TBH I don't think it's for me anyway, I guess that for someone like yourself it's necessary to be there at least for the trade contacts and to see what's new, but I personally feel that if I went I would be like like Colin and regret it.
Back to top Go down
chris_collins

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:10 am

Well I dont want to get into the whole ethics debate about crufts, but in all honesty, when you're working with dogs all the time, you begin to feel like you cant care less about whether they can trot to music, weave through barrels of molten lava or just stand in some awkward position for what feels like ages in a really hot, stuffy room with loads of flash photography...

The discover dogs section is what gets my attention. There are loads of breeds which I've heard of, but have never had the fortune to meet and chat to their owners/breeders. And theres nothing like wrestling wtih a big ball of fluff like a malamute. :-)

Of course the trade stands come in really useful as well. If it wasn't for this aspect most of my training equipment would cost a bomb. Having to need 3-4 leads, 3 gentle leaders, slip leads, bags and bags of treats, 3-4 car harnesses, bedding, toys, squeekers, muzzles, etc etc. It all adds up!

I wish someone made a flirt pole though. That would come in really handy, and is on my wish list for this year.

(a flirt pole is the dog equivalent of a fish on a string...just much stronger and longer)
Back to top Go down
Losos

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:09 am

chris_collins wrote:
I wish someone made a flirt pole though. That would come in really handy, and is on my wish list for this year.
(a flirt pole is the dog equivalent of a fish on a string...just much stronger and longer)

Funny you should mention that Chris 'cos I've just made one, about ten foot long, I used a piece of wood that had been cut of the edge of what they call a 'waney edge' board (Basically the first 'slice' when the log goes through the mill)

It won't last very long but I've got lots and can cut some more if I need too.

For your purposes I would think you need somethinhg made from Titanium or maybe one of those new 'composite' materials they use in the aerospace industry Laughing Don't know what it would cost but it won't be cheap Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crufts 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2009   Crufts 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crufts 2009
Page 1 of 1