The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TROJAN alert

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nero

nero

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:06 am

A warning to anyone using Microsoft Internet Explorer Ver 7.

Get the patch update from MS now, IE 7 has major problems, it's letting thousands of sites install Trojans and Malware onto your PC, the BBC broadcasted an article on News 24 this morning about it.

If you do have these nasties on your PC get them removed, we're talking about password and PIN number insecurity here.

Scan your PC immediately to remove these nasties, your PC may be all clear but you can't be too careful nowadays.

I use IE version 6, I would never use it but I have no other option because McAfee and Microsoft use it to give me updates for my operating system, I refused to download IE version 7 when it was released months ago as I suspected it wasn't secure.

McAfee sent me an emergency E-Mail last night with a link to get the latest security patch from Microsoft IE explorer, when I logged onto Microsoft's site I noted Gates's crew have released a Beta version of IE 8, .. NO WAY will I download this one, they can't even get IE 7 secure why release a new version ?

I'm about to send an E-Mail to McAfee and ask them to send me my updates for their software via Firefox, no doubt I'll get no where with my request but it's worth a try.

My default browser is Firefox, I advise you all to switch to this now and put IE as your secondary browser.

What annoys me right now is my wife downloaded IE 7 a few weeks ago, she did'nt check what updates from Microsoft she was installing and it came through along with other updates for XP, once it's installed you can't remove it, I tried several times to remove it with no success.

ALWAYS click the CUSTOM installation button when downloading Microsoft updates, this lets you chose what YOU want and not what Microsoft want to give you, I would let the normal security updates for XP install but several times they've tried to install IE 7 and I've not allowed it through.
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:41 am

I've just downloaded the file from Microsoft that'll remove malicious software from my PC, it scans your PC and my system is all clear.
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:47 am

Just got a message from McAfee, .. "you will get a blank screen after logging onto our site if you're using Microsoft's IE beta Ver 8".

Their advice was, "un-install the Beta version", Laughing Laughing Laughing When will the Gates crew get things right ?
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:14 am

Denis I have IE7 installed but mainly use firefox. How do I get the patch thing? Do I use IE7 to download it? Or can I download it from firefox??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Lynne wrote:
Denis I have IE7 installed but mainly use firefox. How do I get the patch thing? Do I use IE7 to download it? Or can I download it from firefox??

Thanks

Download it from Microsoft Lynne, it's an .exe file so just double click it when it's finished downloading, It will find anything untoward if it's in your PC.
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:20 pm

I downloaded it on friday, I have not had any problems with it, but know some folk on that other forum had been having issues with IE...

geez it must be the first thing thats gone ok for me this week....after my minor blip that colin sorted.......then my silly blip on friday Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:00 am

nero wrote:
Lynne wrote:

Thanks

Download it from Microsoft Lynne, it's an .exe file so just double click it when it's finished downloading, It will find anything untoward if it's in your PC.
Thanks Denis off to try it now
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:02 am

A message for Internet Explorer users, .. MOVE TO FIREFOX.

It's way ahead of IE and it's more user friendly and you get updates at least once a week. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:39 am

I use firefox all the time but IE sits there just in case hardly ever open it though!
Back to top Go down
chris_collins

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:22 am

Just a quick question ( the virus thing aint new, so I wont dwell on it ).

I've got firefox and IE7 installed. I use FF as my default browser, but how do I tell programs such as outlook to launch FF instead of IE when clicking on links via email?

I've had this issue for a while now, and tbh its a PITA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.confusedcanines.co.cc
nero

nero

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:21 am

chris_collins wrote:
Just a quick question ( the virus thing aint new, so I wont dwell on it ).

I've got firefox and IE7 installed. I use FF as my default browser, but how do I tell programs such as outlook to launch FF instead of IE when clicking on links via email?

I've had this issue for a while now, and tbh its a PITA!

Click on Start, then click on Set Program Access Defaults, then choose custom settings and make your preferences. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Losos

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am

Urgent - Dennis how do i know which version of Internet Explorer I'm using - I can't see anything which tells me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
chris_collins

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Open up IE, click on help, then about.

It'll tell you in there.

BTW, for the record the setting defaults thing didnt work, but thats because I have installed SP3 of windows XP after IE7, resulting me being unable to remove it without scuppering the rest of the machine.

HOWEVER, I did find an alternative through the knowledge bases to resolve my outlook issue. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.confusedcanines.co.cc
Sponsored content

TROJAN alert Empty
PostSubject: Re: TROJAN alert   TROJAN alert Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TROJAN alert
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The dog community forum. :: Off topic chat :: Computers-
Jump to: