The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kaos

kaos

for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Empty
PostSubject: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:20 am

for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}

If you ever considered having an bitch with males whos not going to be spayed, have a quick look at this,

Just thought I would post this short vid, It gives you some idea as to the stress involved for males when a bitch comes into season.

Im very lucky my males dont fight, many people find it impossible to keep more than one male indoors with a female in season...
there are two males in this clip... hence the crying from one and the narking from the other... Vinnie is behind the cage and kaos at the side poor holly is in the middle trying to get a bit of shut eye.

This goes on for days on end, some young dogs will behave like this from day one of a bitches season untill the end, which can be three weeks or longer untill the bitch no longer smells nice,
Again as my two are stud dogs they tend not to bother untill the bitch is bang on ready for mating so I only really have to put up with this for around 5 days.ish.

https://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/shona2399/?action=view&current=Picture003-2.flv
Back to top Go down
Losos

for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Empty
PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Well Shona I can see how that must be hard to control. You have my sympathy.

As you know we had our two girls speyed in March, prior to that we found dogs appearing from all over the place when either of them was in season, some from literally miles away.

They would somehow get over the fence which was quite high or under it, or if that failed just break through Rolling Eyes (It was very old and rotten in places) We then had a new chain link fence installed but they still got in somehow Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Shona all that noise would drive me nuts.

Thank god all my lot are done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:15 pm

hello all....................im kinda just back on line....

Kaos managed to bite through the phone line in his attempt to move hollys cage away from the wall tonight..
Had to do a mercy dash into falkirk to get a new phone cable at 10.30 tonight...

Yes losos,... dogs will do almost anything to get to a bitch in season,.
When Im taking Holly out for a wee, I lock the dogs in the front hall, but there are stairs there up to gordons room, I have to make sure the room door is closed as they can see the back garden from gordons bedroom window,..
now I wouldnt put it passed either of them to dive through the window if they saw her out there,
dogs just go mental......
Back to top Go down
Losos

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:09 pm

kaos wrote:
I wouldnt put it passed either of them to dive through the window if they saw her out there,
dogs just go mental......

Yes, flying Rotties would make a big dent in your lawn wouldn't they Rolling Eyes

Well I'm like Colin, just relieved that we don't have that anymore, especially since the vet said he found a rather nasty cyst on Riannas ovaries when she was being done, and there was absolutely no external evidence that anything was wrong with her.
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Ah, .. the mooning Rottie syndrome, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Do they sleep at all ?

Nero was dreadful when the bitches were in season, I don't think he slept for a week during one session. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:24 pm

there is a whole new story on this..........

I will get round to telling you all soon.
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:20 am

kaos wrote:
there is a whole new story on this..........

I will get round to telling you all soon.

Awaiting update......
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:24 pm

on Sat morning.........as dougie was home and on dog watch...
I had a lazy morning, stayed up in bed watching dvd's and eating rubbish

Dougie came down did the dogs, then after a wee while came up to watch a bit of a film.

He must have been up there all of 40 mins with me, then he came back down,.,,
All I heard was F U C K being said a lot,
I scrambled down stairs... and there was kaos in the cage with holly, he had pulled the end of the cage open from the corner god knows how he slithered in the gap.... but he did, the doors in the house were open and we didnt hear a thing.
The two of them were sat side by side in the cage,
we have no real idea if he mated her or not, though the space is very limited, the height is not really good, kaos normaly ties for 25 mins,

so there we are sat there, not knowing if he has mated her, when we took him out, he did not behave like he normaly does after mating a bitch,.,.. eg, he would normaly lick himself for good bit of time then fall asleep, we put him in the kitchen while I checked holly, he just kept fretting at the door, again not the normal behaviour for kaos after mating a bitch, Holly is coming out of season now, we had her out on the sofa with the two boys in the room tonight, without any real hasstle,
BUT there is always a chance....

We discussed having her jagged, but as we are not sure that a mating took place, we have decided its not an option, the result of jagging her is far to big a risk, more so if she has not been mated....

But we now have a waiting game.....

I now have the end of the cage clipped with dog lead clips for extra security...

its a nightmare lol

Dougie and I had a long chat though and what will be will be, we really dont want to risk her health by jagging a bitch that may or may not have been caught, I dont know the health effects on jagging a bitch that has not in fact been caught but I dont think it would be benifical for her...
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:58 am

What a worry for you. Maybe Kaos just wanted in to protect her from big bad Vinnie affraid

I really hope she's not been caught but know that if she has you will all cope just fine as you say what will be will be, and its maybe Hollys way of saying she was ready!

As I know nothing about breeding, other than what you have told me...how long before you know? Again I know nothing but tend to agree that giving an injection if she has not been mated probably would do more harm than good. Hugs xxx
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:23 am

Lynne wrote:
What a worry for you. Maybe Kaos just wanted in to protect her from big bad Vinnie affraid

I really hope she's not been caught but know that if she has you will all cope just fine as you say what will be will be, and its maybe Hollys way of saying she was ready!

As I know nothing about breeding, other than what you have told me...how long before you know? Again I know nothing but tend to agree that giving an injection if she has not been mated probably would do more harm than good. Hugs xxx

If she were caught and is pregnant... I would expect pups in 65 days time.. affraid if I see any signs of pregnacy... I will have her scanned at the 5/6 week mark...

this plan is based on hollys date

Canine Pregnancy Calander
Pregnancy Calendar for Dogs
Date: Mon 22 Dec 2008
Sire:
Dam:
Breeder:
Sat 20 Dec 2008 First day of mating.
48 hours after the first mating the bitch should be mated again. Subsequent matings occurring over a period of time enhance the chances of fertilaziton taking place.
The spermatozoa migrate up through the cervix.

Sun 21 Dec 2008 Sperm travel searching for a mature ripened eggs.

Sun 21 Dec 2008 -
Mon 22 Dec 2008 Spermatozoa reach the eggs in the oviducts.

Mon 22 Dec 2008 -
Tue 23 Dec 2008 Fertilisation occurs in the oviducts which lead from the ovaries to the uterus.

Tue 23 Dec 2008 -
Thu 25 Dec 2008 Fertilised eggs migrate down the oviducts and into the uterine horns.
The migration continue to enable even spacing of the embryos.
During this migration the eggs will grow into a blastocystes.

Wed 31 Dec 2008 -
Fri 2 Jan 2009 The blastocystes implant in the wall of the uterus.

Wed 31 Dec 2008 -
Wed 14 Jan 2009 The blastocystes will grow into an embryos.
During the next two weeks the important organs will develop.

Sat 3 Jan 2009 -
Sat 10 Jan 2009 Dams nipples begin to pink enlarge.
The fur on the dams belly and around the nipples may become thinner.

Fri 9 Jan 2009 -
Fri 16 Jan 2009 Morning sickness might occur due to hormonal changes or stretching and distension of the uterus. Dam may appear a bit apathetic. She may be off her feed for a while and vomit from time to time.
Feeding the dam several meals spaced throughout the day might help.
Your veterinarian may want to prescribe a drug to relax the uterus.

Wed 14 Jan 2009 -
Sun 18 Jan 2009 An experienced person (a breeder or a veterinarian) can tell by careful palpation whether the dam is pregnant.
It's now the best time to do this because the embryos are walnut-sized now and easy to count.

Sat 17 Jan 2009 Start to increase the dams food ration.
Don't overfeed, excessive weight gain should be avoided.
The foetuses are now and are fully developed miniature dogs.

Fri 23 Jan 2009 The Dams abdomen starts to get larger.

Mon 2 Feb 2009 It's very easy now to feel the puppies, counting them might be a bit more difficult.

Thu 5 Feb 2009 -
Fri 13 Feb 2009 Dam begins to spend a lot more time in self-grooming.
Her breasts become even more swollen.
She may become a bit restlessness and begin to search for a suitable place to have her puppies.

Sat 7 Feb 2009 The dam might lose her appetite during this period. Her abdomen can be crowded with puppies.
It is better to feed several smaller meals spaced throughout the day.
You can easily detect abdominal movement now.

Sat 7 Feb 2009 -
Sun 22 Feb 2009 Nipples and vulva should be gently cleaned with warm water, you might want to trim the hairs surrounding the nipples, to allow easier access for the puppies to suck.

Tue 17 Feb 2009 -
Fri 20 Feb 2009 Milky fluid may be expressed from the nipples.

Wed 18 Feb 2009 You might want to start taking the dams rectal temperature each morning and evening.

Sat 21 Feb 2009 Twelve to 24 hours before she is due to deliver, the dams rectal temperature may drop from 101 to 98 degrees.
Clear discharge from the vulva might occur.

Sun 22 Feb 2009 Expected date of whelp. Of course this is just an average. Whelping may take place from the 59th to the 65th day. Puppies born before the 58th day will probably be too young to survive.
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:36 am

That is amazing so in theory by the 14th Jan you could know and know how many and by the 17th Jan minature dogs.

Keep us informed x
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:45 am

we had holly scanned at the end of Jan, but there was a small dark object that was questionable...the vet was pretty sure it was the gall bladder, BUT.... we decided to re-scan her on the 13th....Argghhh friday the 13th.. affraid

So toddled off down the vet yesterday.......had the second scan done just to be 100% sure.... it would seem, my thoughts were correct, Kaos had not mated her, we couldnt find any puppys... Very Happy

the worst that has happend is...

Holly has a baldy belly.. lol,

for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Picture258aj4
Back to top Go down
Losos

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Was wondering when you'd get the all clear. So alls well that ends well as they say, so pleased for you, I know you don't really need any more worries at this time do you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}   for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1