The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oh I do love Microsoft !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nero

nero

Oh I do love Microsoft ! Empty
PostSubject: Oh I do love Microsoft !   Oh I do love Microsoft ! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:01 pm

Jeez, two system crashes in two days Evil or Very Mad bl00dy Gates and his team, I've deleted a lot of redundant files recently, hundreds of em, I use a file manager that's not Microsoft's coz it's better than anything THEY have, been using it for 12 years now with no problems.

Anyways, 2 days ago I deleted quite a few files then activated my file manager, the system locked up with no hope of even a system restore.
I persevered and eventually got it up and running then did a system restore, everything was fine 'till I deleted more files then it hung up again.

This time (yesterday) there was no way I was getting a re-start so I loaded the XP disc in the CD drive pressed the start button and tapped F8 immediately, you get a boot-up menu option to select which drive you want your PC to boot from.

Windows started re-installing then hung up half way through, I pressed the restart button then went to the command prompt <c:\windows - then typed in chkdsk, the boot sector had become corrupted, this is why windows would'nt start.

From the command prompt I typed - c:\windows /default - then typed in - c:\windows, this enables the hard disc to boot from windows which it did when I re-booted.

Why the hell can't Microsoft tell you this when trying to recover or repair an installation already on your PC ?, it could've saved me a lot of time last night coz I tried 3 times to do a repair function.

The good thing is I've lost no data, all the programs and files are intact, no thanks to Gates and his crew, money grabbin git that he is. Mad

The menu options on re-installation are a joke, pay no attention to them, and send a nasty post card to Mr Gates and company. Neutral
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Oh I do love Microsoft !   Oh I do love Microsoft ! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:17 am

Thank god I’m not the only one who has these sorts of problems.

I must admit that what I do now is run CCleaner as soon as I have deleted my old files, and just so long as it is kept fully up to date I don’t get to many problems.

What file manager did you use?
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Oh I do love Microsoft !   Oh I do love Microsoft ! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 4:10 pm

colin wrote:
Thank god I’m not the only one who has these sorts of problems.

I must admit that what I do now is run CCleaner as soon as I have deleted my old files, and just so long as it is kept fully up to date I don’t get to many problems.

What file manager did you use?

The dreaded software company, Norton File Manager, it was originally written for Windows 95, it still works with XP though, I like it coz it's so easy to use and to locate files I've misplaced, it's based on the old DOS command system so you can use the wild card search to find the types of files you're looking for. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh I do love Microsoft !   Oh I do love Microsoft ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh I do love Microsoft !
Page 1 of 1