The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

These are my two toys.

Go down 
+2
nero
colin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nickyboy

nickyboy

These are my two toys. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:11 am

colin wrote:
She drives a gocart. No it's really a 2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 Exclusive Automatic.

This is the car that Michelle killed.

It was a 1970 Jaguar series 1 4.2lt XJ6. which had a manual gearbox with overdrive.

These are my two toys. - Page 2 Jaguar1970XJ6Series142Lt-1

These are my two toys. - Page 2 DSCF0016-1

you must love her

my missus has done a couple of motors - I had an XK a few years ago - she smashed up in the bluewater carpark - and she reversed into a small tractor in the Nissan Murano she drives - her excuse? - I didnt see it - she has a bloody reversing camera......??????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:12 am

kaos wrote:
nickyboy wrote:
well i aint gonna moan had a good run of it - plus ive always got my rentboy work to fall back on Cool

lol...... cant imagine rentboy will bring you much work in babe...... stick to what you know best. clown

are you kidding - i have to beat em off with a stick.....

ask Helen ( if she ever gets on here!! ) shes seen me down to my bare essentials and she hasnt stopped offering me money since........
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:48 am

nickyboy wrote:
kaos wrote:
nickyboy wrote:
well i aint gonna moan had a good run of it - plus ive always got my rentboy work to fall back on Cool

lol...... cant imagine rentboy will bring you much work in babe...... stick to what you know best. clown

are you kidding - i have to beat em off with a stick.....

ask Helen ( if she ever gets on here!! ) shes seen me down to my bare essentials and she hasnt stopped offering me money since........

REALLY? I will ask her... Im sure she will join one day x
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:49 am

ouch colin...sore one with the car... If I smashed that I wouldnt have bothered coming home.. I would have done a runner x
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:24 am

Put it this way when she came home she was in tears. Now whether that was the shock of the accident or because she knew she had killed my pride and joy I will never really know, but she does know that I have never forgiven her for it, hence why she's not allowed to drive my cars now.
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
Losos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 am

colin wrote:
Put it this way when she came home she was in tears. Now whether that was the shock of the accident or because she knew she had killed my pride and joy I will never really know, but she does know that I have never forgiven her for it, hence why she's not allowed to drive my cars now.

Was it really beyond repair Question I have to say that IMO it was sometime after the early 70's when cars changed their inherent character. OK I know all the arguments about safer, faster, more economic etc. etc. but up to the early 70's they made cars in UK which British people wanted - they were not designed to meet the needs of the Japanese, Indian, Polish, French, Saudi drivers etc. and they were all the better for that Wink

Jaguar still had a distinctive shape and feel and although some would say the reliability was not the greatest they were a 'proper' car.

No way am I knocking the cars you have now, they are fantastic machines (Wish I had one Rolling Eyes ) just bemoaning the demise of the cars with real character and which you could almost love (Boobah that's not weird.....................or is it Laughing Laughing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:49 am

I'm sorry to say that the car was totally beyond any sort of repair.

What happened was that she pulled out from a right hand junction right in the path of a speeding van, which resulted in the van crushing the Jags passengers B pillar right into the A pillar.

These are my two toys. - Page 2 20-11-200818-04-55_0071-1

Thankfully, because of the angle the Jag was at on impact, it just got spun across the road, and because Michelle had the seat belt on, she walk away from it.

When the police arrived, the van driver tried to tell them that she just pulled out in front of him, but after the police had done their calculations concerning his speed, by measuring his skid marks, it was calculated that he was doing between 65 and 70mph on a 40mph road.

Anyway the car was a total right off, but I did manage to save the engine and gearbox, which now sits in the back of my garage.

I fully agree with you Harvey about modern cars not having any style compared to the older ones, because the best car I have every owed was my 1966 Jaguar 4.2 lt 420g.

It was designed by Sir William Lyons, and this car is the predecessor to the XJ series.
These are my two toys. - Page 2 Jaguar1966420g42Lt-1
These are my two toys. - Page 2 Sideview-1
These are my two toys. - Page 2 Rearview-1

Notice the walnut picnic tables in the rear of the front seats.
These are my two toys. - Page 2 Picnictables-1

Notice the triple SU carb setup, which is the same enigne and setup that was put in the e-type.
These are my two toys. - Page 2 420gengine-1
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:28 pm

nice car... I like the older cars too... I had an 89 or 90 honda prelude..loved it.. but im not keen on the new model, just the same as this one... I loved it... whites not hard to keep clean and its the only car I could wash the roof of without standing on something
lol

http://www.craigswheels.ca/listman/listings/images/71_1.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/classics/H/honda/03-large/honda-Prelude-91-si-ABS.jpg

I far prefer the look of the older ones to then new ones.... but its just so hard to find a good condition older one....
the one below does nothing for me

http://pics.sr4000.com/picsbig/1087755978/Honda-Prelude--37711.jpg
Back to top Go down
Losos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:29 pm

Colin, that 4th. picture really says it all Smile Walnut picnic tables - what character - sorry to read about the accident and so glad OH walked away side on impacts can be nasty - well I'm sure she felt it was plenty bad enough Exclamation

Hang on to the engine, it'll be worth a fortune to someone sometime Smile
Back to top Go down
Losos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Shona, well we have something in common 'cos the only Honda I've ever rated was the 'Prelude' from that period nice lines. Don't think the newer ones are half as good mind you with all the siafety legislation it must be hard for a designer to make anything look good today Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:43 pm

I love those walnut picnic tables so much as well, but thankfull the Daimler has got them as well and is fully loaded with walnut trim.

These are my two toys. - Page 2 Rearpicnictables
These are my two toys. - Page 2 Insideofthecar
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Well I'm gonna chip in as well, women " drivers ", sheeesh ! Shocked I've been saying it for YEARS now, everyone should have to re-sit their driving test every 5 years.

The standard of drivers today is appalling, when a new car is 3 years old it has to be tested to see if it's roadworthy so why not introduce compulsory re-tests for drivers, if a driver who holds a full licence fails then the driver should be given 3 months to get get her/ himself sorted out, if she / he fails again then I would make them provisional licence holders until such time as they're competent to be driving on public roads.

Accidents can happen to anyone, none of us is perfect, but the way some of them fart about on the roads is a disgrace, there's one young lady I often see in the mornings driving a Golf, jeez, 60mph in a 30 zone Shocked what the 'ells all that about, then there's the boy racers, you know the type, an 8 inch diameter exhaust pipe making more noise than a heavy goods truck, and usually it's little "hot hatches" they're driving.

Then there's the school runners, driving like bats outta hell coz they don't get up early enough to get the kids to school on time.

Have I missed any group out ?. Neutral
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:31 pm

nero wrote:
Well I'm gonna chip in as well, women " drivers ", sheeesh ! Shocked I've been saying it for YEARS now, everyone should have to re-sit their driving test every 5 years.

The standard of drivers today is appalling, when a new car is 3 years old it has to be tested to see if it's roadworthy so why not introduce compulsory re-tests for drivers, if a driver who holds a full licence fails then the driver should be given 3 months to get get her/ himself sorted out, if she / he fails again then I would make them provisional licence holders until such time as they're competent to be driving on public roads.

Accidents can happen to anyone, none of us is perfect, but the way some of them fart about on the roads is a disgrace, there's one young lady I often see in the mornings driving a Golf, jeez, 60mph in a 30 zone Shocked what the 'ells all that about, then there's the boy racers, you know the type, an 8 inch diameter exhaust pipe making more noise than a heavy goods truck, and usually it's little "hot hatches" they're driving.

Then there's the school runners, driving like bats outta hell coz they don't get up early enough to get the kids to school on time.

Yes, old men that own scobbys.Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Losos wrote:
Colin, that 4th. picture really says it all Smile Walnut picnic tables - what character - sorry to read about the accident and so glad OH walked away side on impacts can be nasty - well I'm sure she felt it was plenty bad enough Exclamation

Hang on to the engine, it'll be worth a fortune to someone sometime Smile

I loved my prelude....wish I could find another one in good nik.... they are pretty fast to boot.
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:35 pm

as to the tables in cars.......................why.????? you go for a picnic .. sit in the field like the normal folk being bitten by flys...lol
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:37 pm

colin wrote:
nero wrote:

Scooby drivers are exempt Colin Wink you have to be a REAL driver to handle one of them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:41 pm

nero wrote:
colin wrote:
nero wrote:

Scooby drivers are exempt Colin Wink you have to be a REAL driver to handle one of them. Very Happy

That's for sure. There was many a time that I thought I had pushed it over the limit, but the car just sailed around the bend as if nothing had happened.

As they say: What a car.
Back to top Go down
boobah

boobah

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:00 pm

nero wrote:
colin wrote:
nero wrote:

Thats why you should give it to me,lmao.xxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Now c'mon Boobah, what would you do with a 300bhp Scooby. scratch
Back to top Go down
boobah

boobah

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:21 pm

nero wrote:
Now c'mon Boobah, what would you do with a 300bhp Scooby. scratch

One things for sure I wouldn't be holding the traffic up doing 20mph in it lmao,xxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:54 am

kaos wrote:
nice car... I like the older cars too... I had an 89 or 90 honda prelude..loved it.. but im not keen on the new model, just the same as this one... I loved it... whites not hard to keep clean and its the only car I could wash the roof of without standing on something
lol

http://www.craigswheels.ca/listman/listings/images/71_1.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/classics/H/honda/03-large/honda-Prelude-91-si-ABS.jpg

I far prefer the look of the older ones to then new ones.... but its just so hard to find a good condition older one....
the one below does nothing for me

http://pics.sr4000.com/picsbig/1087755978/Honda-Prelude--37711.jpg

Oi ! bugger off i had a white prelude the same shape as that vtec - it was a fatnastic car ( only 2.0 litre though not the 2.2 ) one of the best cars I had - and unlike the prelude shape you like - it wasnt compulsory that you were african to drive one round south london Very Happy afro
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:14 am

colin wrote:
I love those walnut picnic tables so much as well, but thankfull the Daimler has got them as well and is fully loaded with walnut trim.

what a lovely car Colin

you love an attached gadget i see - pager, phone, is that a palm pilot/nav system as well

surely theres room for a mp3 holder as well ha
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:32 am

thought you couldnt see the photos
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:08 am

nickyboy wrote:
colin wrote:

what a lovely car Colin

you love an attached gadget i see - pager, phone, is that a palm pilot/nav system as well

surely theres room for a mp3 holder as well ha

The phone holder on the left of the centre consol is for business phone, that little thing under the air vent is my blue tooth in-car kit for my personal phone, the holder stuck to the screen is the PDA holder where I receive my emails, and the sat-nav sits on the right of the dash just under that sticker.

Sorry mate but I don't know how to work an MP3.
Back to top Go down
Losos

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 pm

kaos wrote:
as to the tables in cars.......................why.????? you go for a picnic .. sit in the field like the normal folk being bitten by flys...lol

Yes, but in those days cars like that were not built for everyone - Laughing Laughing Laughing when that Jag. was built they were only catering for true English (or Scottish gentry) like the guy with the castle in Loch na Gar and a flat in Mayfair Laughing Laughing Laughing (Thinks to myself.............have I just described Colin Question Rolling Eyes Exclamation )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These are my two toys.   These are my two toys. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

These are my two toys.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The dog community forum. :: Off topic chat :: Transport-
Jump to: