The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To all Americans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nero

nero

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Your motor industry is in dire straits financially, don't let it go down the drain like we did in the UK, the British car industry's dead and I'd hate to see GM, Chrysler and Ford go the same way.

Rolls Royce and a few other top-end manufacturers still make cars but they're out of the price range of most folks, the poorer people have no other choice but to buy cheap Asian cars.
I have personal experience of the quality of the steel that's being used to make these cars and believe me there was nothing like good British steel.

If congress can afford to bail out the banks I'm sure they can afford to keep a vital industry going and keep thousands of workers off the dole.
Back to top Go down
Losos

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:00 am

If GM is allowed to go bust then the entire world is in trouble, this is a company which has been the classic business model fortens of millions of students in accountancy, engineering, marketing, and manufacturing - as you say some of the far eastern imports seem on the surface to offer high quality but they know that buyers are unable to test the type of steel used (and many other 'hidden' parameters too)

The prospect of cars comming from newer countries such as India really does worry me. Proops Bros. sell a lot of hand & power tools sourced in India and the quality is cr*p - there's no other word for it Mad
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:38 am

And don't forget that GM own Cadillac, Chevrolet, Corvette, Hummer, Opel, Saab and Vauxhall so if they do go down the pan, imaging how many people will lose there jobs.
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nero

nero

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:52 pm

Well it seems the President elect is gonna step in and find funds for Detroit so good for him.

The underlying decline in the motor industry is or was the price of fuel last summer, super unleaded was £1.20 per litre it's now down to 94p per litre, also the proposed increase in road duty for 4 x 4 types has hit the dealers badly, you can buy a 4 x 4 at a give-away price at the moment.

OPEC shot itself in the foot this year by overpricing crude and it's hitting them hard where they don't like it, in their pockets, now the arabs are cutting back their oil exports in the hope of hiking up the price again.

IMO they're making a big mistake because it's just been announced today that car manufacturing has dropped by 30% all over the world, when will they ever learn that you don't bite the hand that feeds you, even dogs know that don't they. Wink
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 am

well if we go back to horse and cart...........IM SORTED..lol

To all Americans Picturemix1600yg8
To all Americans W800
Back to top Go down
Losos

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:59 pm

[quote="kaos"]well if we go back to horse and cart...........IM SORTED..lol

Is that you in the red shirt Question Will have to show it to my brother (Since he's the 'horsey' one in our familly Rolling Eyes )

I learned to ride as a kid at an Army camp in Cyprus under a wonderful, Scottish sergant major who taught me every swear word I've ever known Rolling Eyes He could work wonders with horses, even the most difficult ones seemed to mellow when he came on the scene. However, even he couldn't stop me falling off frequently Laughing

I hasten to add that the Army had long given up using horses but he was nearly sixty, joined up as a teenager and fought with his horses in WW1 - He could barely read or write and the Army was his whole life (He had no familly) so they kept him on, and a 12 horse stable, for recreation use by military personal on the island.

They did that in those days to those who were loyal the the regiment.
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:50 am

Gordon Brown's speech yesterday must've hit home with the petrol suppliers, I've just been into Tesco's and Super unleaded is down to 90 pence per litre today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Losos

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:25 pm

nero wrote:
Gordon Brown's speech yesterday must've hit home with the petrol suppliers, I've just been into Tesco's and Super unleaded is down to 90 pence per litre today. Very Happy

Sky just showed one Tesco's where it was 88p a litre, but they didn't say where Rolling Eyes

Overhere the price has been dropping too - we saw 22.5 Kcs per litre which @ current exchange rate equals 78 pence per litre Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:53 pm

89.9 here!! cheers
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:20 pm

that was vicki my pall jumping my horse "paint" im filming...it was a photo taken of a vid...must get denis to convert it to dvd for me,.

I have loads of vids of me and the horses..........quite a few of me falling off when jumping too... lol

will add a photo of beau my TB soon x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To all Americans Empty
PostSubject: Re: To all Americans   To all Americans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To all Americans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The dog community forum. :: Off topic chat :: Transport-
Jump to: