The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just built a new system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nero

nero

Just built a new system Empty
PostSubject: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Yay ! it's an AMD Phenom and Asus motherboard, it's a quad processor working at 2.2 mhz, that means I've got 4 x 2.2 CPU's all working like hell.

Will post a photo shortly and let you see the beast.
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 5:01 pm

You could use that as a backend database or intensive server. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 pm

nero wrote:
Yay ! it's an AMD Phenom and Asus motherboard, it's a quad processor working at 2.2 mhz, that means I've got 4 x 2.2 CPU's all working like hell.

Will post a photo shortly and let you see the beast.

Sorry, my mistake, it's 4 x 2.5 Mhz, jeez it's fast Very Happy I had an AMD 6400 dual-core on the board I took out, I thought that was quick but this thing's the business, with multi-core processors you can do multiple tasks simultaneously, no waiting 'till one process is finished and no hangups or pauses.

Just built a new system IMG_3568

The aluminium heatsink in front of the main CPU cooling fan is on top of the on-board graphics chip however I always use a separate graphics card, the one I have is an Nvidia G-Force 8600 with 256meg support.
Just built a new system IMG_3569

The Asus M/B can take up to 8 gig of Ram, the CPU itself has 4 gig of cache, note the heatsink for the CPU is filled with fluid to disperse the heat more efficiently.

The only thing that disappointed me was the M/B has only one IDE port so I've temporarily lost the use of one DVD drive, I'll get an adapter tomorrow and connect both DVD's, it's handy if you want to make a copy of one disc to another.
Either that or I'll get a DVD drive that's got a SATA connection coz I've got one SATA port still available.

When I had assembled the lot I pressed the power button and went straight into the Bios to adjust the settings, then booted up normally, guess what ? bloody Microsoft put a message on the screen saying it was'nt a registered copy of XP and I had only 3 days to register it, bloody clowns, how the hell could I rigister when I had'nt even loaded the drivers in for the ethernet chip on the M/B.

When I did load the drivers in I logged onto Microsoft and did a re-registration, methinks they need to change their name to PARANOIA.
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:45 pm

'Twas a night in November when all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse,

Even the dogs are sound as a pound,
But I'm clicking the mouse and there's not even a sound,

I'm amazed at the way that this PC's performing,
So I'll have to log off coz it's nearing the morning,

Before I log off I'll wish you'se good night,
Tomorrow I'll be a helluva sight. Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 2:55 am

your always a hellofa sight....pml
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 9:15 am

Both DVD drives are working now, I got a SATA DVD and plugged it into the spare port, a real bargain it was too, £20 and it's a dual layer DVD writer which takes both + and - DVD blanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
colin
Admin
colin

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 9:34 am

I suggest you have a long lay down as you have been really busy over the past 24hrs. We don't want you overdoing it now, do we. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://thedogcommunity.forumotion.com
nero

nero

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 7:51 pm

colin wrote:
I suggest you have a long lay down as you have been really busy over the past 24hrs. We don't want you overdoing it now, do we. Laughing

I did just that Colin, I woke up on the couch at 02:10 am this morning, now I can't get back to sleep. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just built a new system   Just built a new system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just built a new system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The dog community forum. :: Off topic chat :: Computers-
Jump to: