The dog community forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The dog community forum.

This is dog community forum for dog owners to discuss their dogs, dog breeds, dog health and care, dog grooming, dog shows and to learn alot more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bitch in Season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nickyboy

nickyboy

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:26 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong section - but can i bitch come into season a few months after her last one ? - im sure lola is in season again - spots of blood - no injuries - doesnt seem to be in pain - but she was only in season in the late summer im sure.

Shona - i think i spoke to you about her season as she had a smell about her - but i think it maight have been through a forum so cant pinpoint the date?
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:30 am

nickyboy wrote:
Apologies if this is in the wrong section - but can i bitch come into season a few months after her last one ? - im sure lola is in season again - spots of blood - no injuries - doesnt seem to be in pain - but she was only in season in the late summer im sure.

Shona - i think i spoke to you about her season as she had a smell about her - but i think it maight have been through a forum so cant pinpoint the date?

nicky get her to the vet NOW... she could have PYOMETRA. HOW LONG SINCE HER LAST SEASON,.?JUST GOING TO PM YOU

they CAN come into season more often that six months, Mea denis's bitch comes in every four months, is it lola thats in season again, if so what age was her first ever season? i will nip over the road and have a look.. did you put it on a thread or pm me?

when I think back.......................it was prob months ago????? do dont panic... its prob not pyo............arggghh its to early in the morning for this

http://www.downlandvets.co.uk/Pages/Clinical/Pages/Pyometra.html

Last edited by kaos on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:50 am

im sure it was early august now - maybe even very end of july - trying to piece together the timing
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:50 am

just looked back on your posts over the road... im thinking you got in touch about it via email or pm,. but the more I think about it, its prob just her next season,. six months has a way of creeping up fast at our age lol,
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:52 am

is she panting or unhappy looking, is she drinking more water? do you know how to take her temp? or does here tummy look a bit swollen?
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:29 am

shes always panting - but no more than usual - im gonna take her for a check up anyway but im thinking it could have been well over three months ago maybe getting on for four months
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:46 am

nickyboy wrote:
shes always panting - but no more than usual - im gonna take her for a check up anyway but im thinking it could have been well over three months ago maybe getting on for four months

I think its better to be safe than sorry, let us know how it goes at the vets,
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 am

kaos wrote:
nickyboy wrote:

i most definately will - going there 18.15 tonight

thanks for your help shona ill bell you when i get a sec
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 am

nickyboy wrote:
kaos wrote:
nickyboy wrote:

i most definately will - going there 18.15 tonight

thanks for your help shona ill bell you when i get a sec

No worries im sure all will be fine x
Back to top Go down
nero

nero

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi Nicky, if it's open Pyo she may have a mucus discharge, it's like a snails slime if you know what I mean.

Sometimes there's a spot of blood too, check her temp, if it's above normal get her to the vets immediately.

Is she drinking more than usual ? if so that's an indication of Pyo.

Mea comes into season every 3 to 4 months so bitches can vary quite a lot but the thumb rule is generally every 5 months.
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 am

i got stuck in a jam last night so got vets tonight instead - only one spot yesterday day time
she seems ok in herself - not drinking excessively or behaving weirdly - so wondering if just season time has come round again quickly - as its only her second got nothing to compare it to

will get the vet to give her the once over tonight to be safe

thanks for all the concern guys
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Lynne

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 am

Hope Lola is ok, keep us posted
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:41 am

we went to the vets last night

he thinks shes just come into season quickly again as her temperature was fine and she felt like she was seasoning - he said he'd be maybe a little concerned were it to happen very soon again - but for now hes pretty sure shes not ill.

She weighs 36.5 kilos which nice weight for a GSD

was funny though - Paddy will let the vet pull him left right an centre - he lifted lolas tail and her head spun round as if to say you got three seconds to get away from there......i said ill hold her head to be on the safe side.....she then decided to pick an argument with the biggest dogue de bordeaux ive ever seen .....

she is funny - but a right git
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:52 pm

nickyboy wrote:
we went to the vets last night

he thinks shes just come into season quickly again as her temperature was fine and she felt like she was seasoning - he said he'd be maybe a little concerned were it to happen very soon again - but for now hes pretty sure shes not ill.

She weighs 36.5 kilos which nice weight for a GSD

was funny though - Paddy will let the vet pull him left right an centre - he lifted lolas tail and her head spun round as if to say you got three seconds to get away from there......i said ill hold her head to be on the safe side.....she then decided to pick an argument with the biggest dogue de bordeaux ive ever seen .....

she is funny - but a right git

Im a tad concerned at your vet saying he would be concerned if she came in again quickly............ if your bitch is on a 4 monthly cycle... shes on a 4 monthly cycle end of.. just the same as if she came into season evey six months...

so if it is a season,,,,,,, four months after the first.......you can quite safely asssume.. your gona get the next one in four months.

the other bit that got me hun........." she felt like she was seasoning"! pml.. Im not even gona ask how that works...lol

{ home test for season............... let any male dog walk past her..... it will soon let you know if shes in season or not} joke... but it does work...

another way of telling if a dog is in season... if you scratch the croup area of the tail... and the dog lifts the tail slightly to one side or the other... its a season.. only problem is they will not do that untill around day 10 or 11 some may do it sooner,

NB.. Im sure you will get used to all this season stuff soon enough.. more so if shes on a 4 monthly season lol......beware if shes a hormonal tempramental sort... your gona have your hands full with her...
you will have the pre- season homones these can start around 3/4 weeks before the season... they can become right little divas...
then you have the season lasting up to 2 weeks.... then the after season come down... then 8/9 weeks after the season... you can have the lovely phantom pregnacy.. lasting up to three weeks.. this brings you nicely back round to the pre season homones....
great stuff eh...
I talk from experiance.. I had Mia here for years... it was a nightmare...
Back to top Go down
nickyboy

nickyboy

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 2:55 am

cant be anymore temperamental than the other menstruating woman in the house

Talking of being a bit temperamental she did tell paddy off for the first time last night for sitting on her - he does it alkl the time but she werent in the mood last night and had a quick snap at him..

yeah i dont know if it wa because i was a little vague as to the last season she had - but hes got it on his computer now so i guess i think hes just looking for anything abnormal timewise going forward - he did have a good check up down there and did say something along the lines of signs of seasoning but i cant remember exactly what he said but he seemed confident enough and hes been a good vet over the years.

Shes very happy in herself and she didnt have a temperature so ill just keep a close eye on her for now.. cyclops
Back to top Go down
kaos

kaos

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:00 am

what he could have ment was, apparently dogs who have more than two seasons a year are more likely to have polycystic ovaries

just another sore head im chucking at you now...sorry.

that said.. just look at mia.. shes fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bitch in Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitch in Season   Bitch in Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bitch in Season
Page 1 of 1